Written by Thomas Speekenbrink
This KB article describes how to configure Impersonation in Exchange 2013.
- Open the web-based Exchange Admin Center (EAC) for your Exchange 2013 server
- Click Permissions
- Create a new Admin role by clicking the plus symbol (+)
- Name the new Admin role, for example "User Impersonate"
- Under Roles, click the plus symbol (+)
- Select ApplicationImpersonation and click add-->
- Click OK
- Under Users, click the plus symbol (+)
- Select the account that will be used to collect the mailbox data from Exchange 2013 (the so called SyncUser) and click OK
- Click Save