Written by Thomas Speekenbrink
We added support for importing stakeholders
The stakeholder import is much like the project member import, but with some differences. The stakeholder import is activated when these conditions apply:
- One or more fields from the company entity are linked
- One or more fields from the person entity are linked
- One or more fields from the sale entity are linked
- One or more fields from the stakeholder entity are linked
- You want to add stakeholders to existing sales
In this example a person ‘Doe’ working for Valid Industries will be added as a stakeholder to an existing sale called ‘Phase 2 project #12’. If the person or company does not exist it will be created and then linked as stakeholder.
Note: you cannot create sales and add stakeholders to it in the same profile. The reason is that a sale always needs to be linked to a company. The auto-link feature of DataBridge can only link one type of entity in the same profile. So it can either link the company and person to the sale, or link the company and person to the stakeholder.
In this case we advise to create 2 profiles: one to create the sales, a second to add stakeholders to the new sales.