Written by Thomas Speekenbrink
This KB article describes how to configure Impersonation in Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Exchange 2013. The steps are for both products identical.
For Microsoft Office 365
- Login to the Office 365 Exchange Admin Portal.
For Microsoft Exchange 2013
- Open the web-based Exchange Admin Center (EAC) for your Exchange 2013 server
Then following steps are identical
- Click Permissions
- Create a new Admin role by clicking the plus symbol (+)
- Name the new Admin role, for example "User Impersonate"
- Under Roles, click the plus symbol (+)
- Select ApplicationImpersonation and click add-->
- Click OK
- Under Users, click the plus symbol (+)
- Select the account that will be used to collect the mailbox data (the so called SyncUser) and click OK
- Click Save