Written by Thomas Speekenbrink
In larger organisations, it will save a lot of time if the DataDirector client is deployed instead of manually installed. Using the MSI installer, it's possible to deploy the DataDirector client. Download the client here (free account needed).
Running the .MSI will automate almost everything, except adding 1 line in the superoffice.config dynamic load section. But you might also automate the replacement of the superoffice.config file using SuperOffice or the Active Directory (AD).
The line to add in the dynamic load of SuperOffice.config is:
<add key="SentryPlugin" value="C:\Program Files (x86)\InfoBridge\DataDirector\InfoBridge.DataDirector.Sentries.NS.dll" />
You might also choose to bypass the installer and automate the process (what the installer does normally)
- Deploy the files to the client
- Make sure to register the COM library by executing the following command (change paths if necessary)
- C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegAsm.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\InfoBridge\DataDirector\InfoBridge.DataDirector.Sentries.COM.dll" /codebase
- Make sure to include the Netserver library in the Dynamic Load of the superoffice.config file:
- <add key="SentryPlugin" value="C:\Program Files (x86)\InfoBridge\DataDirector\InfoBridge.DataDirector.Sentries.NS.dll" />