Written by Support InfoBridge
When the Google Synchronizer for SuperOffice CRM (On-premise) is used on a G Suite environment rights have to be granted on the domain. This will allow the Synchronizer to access the contacts, tasks and appointments of the linked users without the need of the credentials of each user.
Please ensure you are a G Suite Administrator.
- Log in to the Management Console on http://admin.google.com
- Go to the "Manage third party OAuth Client access" screen in Security > Advanced, or go directly to: https://admin.google.com/ManageOauthClients
- Add the Synchronizer API key:
- Client Name: 368905516670-dantimmegon5np053rjdnctnk8m92mfi.apps.googleusercontent.com
- Add the Synchronizer API Scopes:
- API Scopes: https://www.google.com/m8/feeds,https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar,https://www.googleapis.com/auth/tasks
This will give the Synchronizer access to Contacts, Appointments and Tasks
If the screen looks like the picture below, then you have granted the rights correctly.
Note: As of version 3.2.130 it is also possible to manage the authentication per user. This is done in the Synchronizer Admin - User Synchronization Settings with the help of the Google Token Authentication Manager. More information on this can be found in the Configuration Document or in this article