Written by Support InfoBridge
Please follow these rules for the best Domino Synchronizer experience possible.
Rule 1 - Meetings and group tasks created in Lotus Notes cannot be edited in SuperOffice
- Meetings and group tasks created from Lotus Notes cannot be edited in SuperOffice; changes in SuperOffice will be reverted back to match the original appointment in Lotus Notes
Rule 2 - Attachments get removed from Notes Appointments (updated)
- A Lotus Notes Appointment can have all sorts of rich text in the body of the item including formatting, tables, attachments, embedded OLE objects etc
- Currently if such an Appointment is updated in SuperOffice, all rich text formatting will be removed. When an attachment is present in Notes; all changes made in SuperOffice will be reverted
Rule 3 - Appointments behavior changes after using CTRL+X and CTRL+V in Notes
- Since the dates are changed in Notes after using CTRL-X and CTRL+V (copy and paste) of an appointment we have marked this as a bug in Notes.
- Having a start date after the due date is not valid in Notes.
- This is reported to IBM but obviously there's nothing InfoBridge Software can do about it now.
Rule 4 - Time zones not supported
- Currently with the Domino Synchronizer we do not support running the synchronizer in different times zones. The synchronizer just uses the time zone from the computer where it is installed. This is because SuperOffice implemented their own time zone structure, basically you can compare this with the Windows time zone, but SuperOffice also allows extra time zones which cannot be specified by the Windows time zone.
- If the Lotus Notes Domino environment uses the same time zone structures (values) as the Windows time zone, the answer is clear, meaning no official support for times zones, meaning that the time zones being used by the Domino Synchronizer server and the Notes Domino server must be in sync.
Rule 5 - What gets synchronized
- Single Meetings, Appointments, Reminders, Anniversaries, All Day Events and Tasks get Synchronized to SuperOffice
- Recurring/Repeating Meetings, Appointments, Reminders, Anniversaries, All Day Events and Tasks get Synchronized to SuperOffice
- Calendar items will only be synchronized if they occur within the defined synchronization time period. If there is a user-configured time period then this will override the server-configured time period
What data gets synchronized:
- Start date and time
- End date and time
- Body - text only (no attachments or embedded objects)
- Free/Busy time setting
- Public/Private setting
- Completed status and completed date and time
Rule 6 - What is not synchronized
- Contacts will not be synchronized
- Resources will not be synchronized
Rule 7 - When does synchronization occur
- All synchronization takes place when a change occurs on the Domino server. So for users who are using a local mail replica, their changes will be sent to SuperOffice, and received from SuperOffice, at the time they replicate with the Domino server
Rule 8 - Appearing of anniversaries in SuperOffice
- Anniversaries will appear in SuperOffice as Appointments from 4am to 8pm, with the time period marked as Free Time
Rule 9 - Synchronizing Tasks
- Tasks will only be synchronized to SuperOffice if they have both a Start Date and a Due Date
Rule 10 - Meeting invitations
- Meeting invitations will not be synchronized until after the user has accepted a meeting invitation
Rule 11 - Meeting invitations reminders
- Reminder created in Notes, with the duration changed in SuperOffice, will be changed to an Appointment in Notes
Rule 12 - Task Alarm
- Alarm set for a Task in SuperOffice can be set in minutes. This will be rounded to a number of days in Notes, with a minimum period of 1 day before the Tasks start date
Rule 13 - Recurring items created in SuperOffice
- Recurring items created in SuperOffice will not be created in Lotus Notes as recurring items but just as a series of unlinked items
Rule 14 - Recurring items created in Notes
- Recurring calendar items created in Notes will be created as recurring items in SuperOffice
Rule 15 - Reminders changed in SuperOffice are reverted (new addition)
- Reminders will be synchronized from Notes to SuperOffice as zero-duration appointments. Any changes made to a reminder in SuperOffice will be reverted by SuperOffice to Domino synchronization
Rule 16 - Anniversaries changed in SuperOffice are reverted (new addition)
- Anniversaries will be synchronized from Notes to SuperOffice as “All Day Event” with time marked as Free. Any changes made to an Anniversary in SuperOffice will be reverted by Notes
Rule 17 - SuperOffice appointments longer than 24 hours
Due to a limitation in Notes, SuperOffice appointments longer than 24 hours will only get a 24 hour block synchronized and not the full block.
Additional Rules - These two additional “Reversal rules” are in addition to the existing reversal conditions
- Notes Meeting (as opposed to an Appointment)
- Notes Group Task
- Notes appointment containing an attachment or embedded object
- There is some delay in the reversal being picked up by SuperOffice. Sometimes the description in the SuperOffice view will change but the body may take a minute or two to refresh
- This is depending on your settings