Written by Support InfoBridge
You are using the Universal Mail Archiver and mails are being stored nicely. But when trying to edit/view the document, an error is shown like:
If you check the SO_ARC where the file needs to exist, you will see no attachment could be found.
- Firstly, Check the logfile of the Universal Mail Archiver. The logfile can be found here: C:\ProgramData\InfoBridge\InfoBridge PamMailArchiver\logfile.txt
- Open the logfile with notepad or any other texteditor
- Scroll down to the newest entry in the logfile
- Check if you see this message:
2015-xx-xxT14:26:14 T00001808 ERROR : Exception thrown: System.IO.IOException message: The file exists.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Path.InternalGetTempFileName(Boolean checkHost)
at InfoBridge.Archiver.Plugins.SO.Plugin.savePhysicalDocument(Int32 documentId, MailMessage mail)
at InfoBridge.Archiver.Plugins.SO.Plugin.archiveMail(ArchiveMailStatus status, ArchiveMail aMail, Int32 contactId, Int32 personId, AssociateRow associate, Boolean isIncoming, Boolean isRejected, String faultyAddress)
The error message means that the Universal Mail Archiver is unable to create temporary files to store the attachments. This might happen when there are more than 65535 temporary files in the TEMP directory, like this customer had experienced.
To solve this issue, the temporary directory needs to be cleaned from the .TMP files.
- Go to C:\Windows\Temp
- Delete all files with the extension .tmp
- Alternatively use the Command Prompt to delete the temporary files (faster) with the command: del *.tmp (be sure you are in the C:\Windows\Temp folder!)