Written by Thomas Speekenbrink
At larger companies setting the access rights using the Impersonation or Delegation could be pose problems due security regulations. It is also possible to let the Outlook user decide if his/her account should be synchronized. Follow this guide to find out how to solve this question.
This article applies to:
- Exchange Synchronizer EWS for Visma CRM
- Exchange Synchronizer for Visma CRM
- Exchange Synchronizer EWS for Visma Business
- Exchange Synchronizer for Visma Business
1. Go to Start > Microsoft Office > Outlook
2. Right-click on the root of the mailbox store and select Properties for “Mailbox…..
3. On the Permissions tab click Add
4. Select the name of the created domain user which serves as the synchronization user and click OK
Note: If the special domain user is not visible, set the dropdown list ‘Show Names from the:’ to Global Address list.
5. Select the newly added user and set the Permission Level to Editor, Click OK
6. Select the Tools menu option from the menu bar and choose Options
7. On the Delegate tab, select the name of the user which was added in step 4 and click Permissions
8. Set the Calendar option to Editor (can read, create and modify items). Also check the option Delegate can see my private items. Click OK, click OK once more to close the previous screen.
Note: The above steps needs to be repeated for all Outlook users.