Written by Support InfoBridge
You might encounter this error message when testing the EWS and OAB connection from the Synchronizer Admin. Follow this article when you encounter the error message: A time zone with the specified ID could not be found.
The cause of this error is a problem with the UTC timezone on the Exchange server. You might test this behaviour by following these steps:
- Create a empty text file called 'skip.utc' (where .utc is the file extension)
- Save this file in the Synchronizer Installation directory
The Synchronizer Admin will be forced to work in local timezone then.
- Perform the EWS/OAB connection test again in the Technical Settings pane
If this test is now successfull, you will know for sure that something is wrong with the UTC timezone on the Exchange server.
The UTC timezone is registered in this registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Time Zones\UTC
You might solve it by adding the UTC timezone and restarting the server (or using iisreset)
- Download the UTC.reg file below
- Double-click on the reg file and import into the registry.
- Execute iisreset (restarts IIS, allowing Exchange Web Services to detect the new time zone).
As always, be cautious when importing registry files and it's always wise to create a registry backup before doing so!