Written by Support InfoBridge
In this how-to article we will describe the steps to setup Nebula DataBridge to import persons into SuperOffice. With this article we want to show you how to import private persons, not related to a company.
This article will describe how to import all the fields, including user defined fields and interests.
We have created a set of import example files per SuperOffice entity. You can download these files as a starting point to examine the data and format you can use. More info
This article is intended for persons who are familiar with SuperOffice CRM, and have SuperOffice Admin rights.
The following prerequisites are required before you follow the steps below.
- A (demo) subscription of Nebula DataBridge, to sign-up, follow this https://my-databridge.infobridgeuniverse.com/Account/SignUp
- A SuperOffice CRM login name with administrator rights
- A cloud storage provider, like Dropbox, Microsoft One-Drive, Google Drive or an FTP server for storing the import file. You can also use a local stored file.
Setup Nebula DataBridge
- Login into Nebula DataBridge by clicking the red SuperOffice Button. Login at: https://my-databridge.infobridgeuniverse.com/Account/Login
- Click Create New Profile
- In the name field enter your Profile name
- Choose the location of your import file from the drop down 'Location'
- Choose in the drop down 'Destination' SuperOffice CRM Online
- Click Next, the wizard screen is presented with seven steps
- In step 1 (configure profile), click Select Files to upload your import file
- Click Next
- In step 2 (configure source), you can, depending on your import file, set format settings and choose Advanced Settings and Preview the import file, see example below
- Click Next
- In step 3 (transform), transformations on fields can be setup, see transformations, but in this case we skip this step
- Click Next
- In step 4 (configure fields) the fields need to be mapped.
Note: To import data in SuperOffice with DataBridge is quite simple, but you need to have less or more information about the data you want to import.
To help you gather all this important information and tackle some import related questions upfront we have developed an Import Worksheet. In this worksheet, you will find detailed information on all SuperOffice entities, like company card, person card, sales, project etc.
Download DATABRIDGE IMPORT WORKSHEET, V1.4 (July 2018)
In the configure fields page you can map all the fields you need. But you can also choose your User Defined Fields from SuperOffice. Besides this Interests can also be mapped. See this example where the Interest 'Newsletter' is mapped with a value 1 (enable) and the User Defined field 'Intitials' is also mapped.
- In step 5 (destination settings), you can choose number- and date format. Very important are the deduplication options, more info.
When you import Persons with DataBridge you can import Person consent settings. More info
In the advanced settings you can choose what to do with new list items and set default settings.
- Click Next
- In step 6 (profile settings) choose which schedule you want to use. Manual, Scheduled or Triggerd
- Step 7 (summary) shows a summary of all the settings in your profile
- How to handle multiple phone numbers / emails / web addresses, more information can be found in this article
- Set the option Former Employee on/off, more information can be found in this article
- Turning interests on/off, more information can be found in this article
- Handling import of list items
Extending the idea
This how-to article described the use of importing person data in SuperOffice for private persons, however this idea can be used on the various entities in SuperOffice like companies, activities, projects, sales and quote.
You have learned to import private persons in SuperOffice.