Written by Support InfoBridge
Microsoft has decommissioned Basic Authentication for EWS. This applies only to the cloud-based Microsoft 365/Exchange Online products; there are no changes to EWS capabilities of on-premises Exchange products , more info
We use the Office 365 Token Authentication Manager to let the users themselves authorize the Synchronizer to their Calendar.
How the Office 365 Token Authentication Manager works is described in this article.
For M365/Exchange Online customers OAuth needs to be used. This means that the linked users will need to be re-linked with the new Office 365 Token Authentication Manager.
You have the Synchronizer installed with users linked in the User Synchronization Settings. All users have Rank 0, see picture below.
Are you using ranks (you have Rank number 1,2,..) please see this article
Please follow these steps to re-link the users:
Remove the users
- Download the latest Synchronizer version
- Stop the InfoBridge Synchronizer Service
- Install the latest version by running the downloaded setup file
- Start the Synchronizer admin and go to the User Synchronization Settings
- The linked users need to be removed. Make a note of the options the users have selected (Diary, Task, Contact). When re-linking they should have the same options again.
Select the users and click the Remove Selected User(s) button.
NOTE: By removing the users the Synchronization history is also removed. Meaning that as soon as you re-link the users again the synchronizer will sync all appointments, tasks and contacts again, resulting in duplicates.
This can be avoided by cleaning the calendars first.
- Clean the calendars. More info
- Create an extra shortcut to the Sync admin:
The Synchronizer admin, program and service need to start in Exchange Token mode. This can be done by adding an extra parameter to the start command of the Synchronizer and the Synchronizer admin shortcut. And to the InfoBridge Service in the register.
Synchronizer program and Synchronizer admin
The parameter to use is /ET
The start command in the shortcut properties should look like this:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\InfoBridge\Exchange Online Synchronizer\InfoBridge Synchronizer Administrator.exe" /DC /ET
In the registry go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services
Select the InfoBridge Synchronizer Service and open the ImagePath.
In the Value Data field add the parameter /ET
"C:\Program Files (x86)\InfoBridge\Exchange Online Synchronizer\InfoBridge.Synchronizer.Service.exe" /ET
- Now it is time to link the users again, this needs to be done with the O365 Token Authentication Manager. See this article for all the steps.
- Now that all users are linked again you are ready to start the Synchronizer service